Otis Elevator Global Privacy Notice
Triangle Lift Services and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, "Otis") are responsible for any Otis sponsored website, computer and mobile application, and social media account or page that links to this Privacy Notice. We are committed to respecting the privacy of individuals from whom we collect personal information. Otis has implemented technical, administrative, and physical measures to safeguard any personal information that we may collect.
This Privacy Notice describes our practices related to personal information collected through Otis websites, computer and mobile applications, unless there is a separate privacy notice for the website, computer or mobile application. It also covers personal information that Otis may collect and process separate and apart from its websites, computer and mobile applications, such as through email or other means. By providing personal and other information to us or through your use of our Websites, apps, social media pages, business transactions or our integrated products or service offerings you, agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Notice.
What personal information does Triangle Lift Services collect?
“Personal information” is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. The Personal information that Triangle Lift Services may collect from you will depend on the nature of the interaction you have with us. For example Triangle Lift Services may collect:
- Business contact information, including the name of your business, your title and function, your work email address, your work physical and/or mailing address, or work telephone numbers, and other information related to contacting you at work
- Profile picture;
- Social media account ID or user ID, device identification or locator information; and
- Specific information about how you or your company interact with Triangle Lift Services products and services, including your personal preferences.
If you are a residential customer, Triangle Lift Services may collect your name and home contact information, such as your address, email address and telephone number. If you are a residential or business tenant, employee or contractor of a tenant or guest in a building where there is a Triangle Lift Services elevator installed or Triangle Lift Services service contract in place or Triangle Lift Services services being performed Triangle Lift Services, may acquire personal information about you from our building client (such as the owner, manager, or security company). Triangle Lift Services may also collect geographic location data, and other security authentication data from your personal computing device or telephone that will grant access to a facility or Triangle Lift Services equipment installed in a building. For both business and residential customers, Triangle Lift Services may collect banking or payment information, Triangle Lift Services account information, and contract details.
How does Triangle Lift Services use the personal information it collects?
Any personal information collected will be used to:
- Provide you with customized services and content relevant to your specific needs and interests;
- Fulfill contract obligations such as granting building access, enabling integrated features of our elevator service offerings, providing notice or reports about a specific elevator or service activity, electronic billing or your selected payment method. Verify your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed here or to provide you with access to a website, application, social media site, or building or area of a building;
- Develop new offerings, improve the quality of our products, improve and personalize user experience, and better prepare future content based upon your interests and those of our general user population;
- Communicate with you regarding new and modified products and services offered by Triangle Lift Services, including special offers;
- Evaluate your interest in and/or allow you to apply for employment with Triangle Lift Services;
- Respond to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- Investigate suspected or actual illegal activity and protect against fraud;
- Screen against sanction and anti-terrorism lists as required by law;
- Prevent physical harm or financial loss;
- Support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy); and/or
- Conduct investigations to ensure compliance with, and comply with, legal obligations.
Triangle Lift Services shall use your personal information only for legitimate business interests, to fulfill a legal obligation or to meet our contractual obligations as described in the Global Privacy Notice.
Does Triangle Lift Services use your personal information to contact you?
In addition to contacting you regarding your elevator as described above, Triangle Lift Services may also use the information it gathers to communicate with you regarding new and modified products and services offered by Triangle Lift Services, or special offers. Triangle Lift Services will ensure that any marketing communications will provide a simple method for you to opt-out or unsubscribe.
Does Triangle Lift Services share the information it collects with any third parties?
Triangle Lift Services will not sell or otherwise share your personal information outside the Triangle Lift Services group of companies, except to:
- Service providers that Triangle Lift Services has retained to perform services on our behalf or on behalf of our building clients. Triangle Lift Services will only share your personal information with service providers whom Triangle Lift Services has contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements. These providers may include cloud service providers, system providers, software providers, and other service providers;
- Comply with legal obligations, including but not limited to in response to a legitimate legal request from law enforcement authorities or other government regulators;
- Investigate suspected or actual illegal activity;
- Prevent physical harm or financial loss; or
- Support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
For individuals who interact with Triangle Lift Services on social media sites, Triangle Lift Services may disclose your personal information to contacts associated with your and Triangle Lift Services’ social media accounts, to other website users and to your social media account provider in connection with your social sharing activity as it relates to Triangle Lift Services, including any sweepstakes or contests that you might enter on our site. Should you elect to post information on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including without limitation, our Social Media pages), any such information you post or disclose through these services would become public and may be available to the general public.
Does Triangle Lift Services transfer personal information to other countries?
Because Triangle Lift Services is a global company with locations in many different countries, we may transfer your information from one legal entity to another or from one country to another in order to accomplish the purposes listed above. We will transfer your personal information consistent with applicable legal requirements and only to the extent necessary.
What should you understand about the third-party links that may appear on this website?
In some instances, Triangle Lift Services may provide links to non-Triangle Lift Services controlled websites, which Triangle Lift Services will make reasonable efforts to identify as such. Triangle Lift Services does not control such third-party websites, however, and cannot be responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites.
How long does Triangle Lift Services retain personal information?
Triangle Lift Services will retain personal information so long as needed to comply with its contractual and legal obligations. If the personal information is not subject to contractual or legal obligations, Triangle Lift Services will retain the data for as long as is required for the original purpose for which it was collected. Any personal information collected online regarding a user that has not accessed an Triangle Lift Services website, application or media site will be deleted from our files within a reasonable period of time unless prohibited by applicable law or required to fulfill our contractual obligations.
What choices do you have with respect to your personal information?
Individuals may ask to review, update, correct, change, or delete information submitted to Triangle Lift Services at any time. Triangle Lift Services will provide a prompt response and will endeavor to grant such requests, except where limited by law, contract, or competing privacy interests. Triangle Lift Services will use reasonable efforts to update information timely, and where required by law shall remove your personal information from the Triangle Lift Services files. To protect the user’s privacy and security, Triangle Lift Services will take steps to verify the user’s identity before making any requested change. To access, change, or delete your personal information, to report problems with the site, to ask questions or to raise concerns send an email to Triangle Lift Services at email@example.com. Some of our websites, apps, and social media accounts allow you to make corrections directly at the site without need to further contact Triangle Lift Services.
In certain countries, such as those in the European Union, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your national or state data protection authority, which may also be known as a supervisory authority.
Please note that while we will assist you in protecting your personal information, it is up to you to protect your passwords and other access credentials from others.
INFORMATION FOR SPECIFIC GROUPS OF PEOPLE
For individuals in California
As defined by California’s “Shine the Light Law", California residents may annually request and obtain information that is shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year. Triangle Lift Services does not share your personal information with other businesses for their own direct marketing use.
For individuals in the United States
Triangle Lift Services does not collect Social Security Numbers through its websites or applications. Triangle Lift Services does, however, collect Social Security Numbers where required by law, such as for tax purposes. When Triangle Lift Services collects and/or uses Social Security Numbers, Triangle Lift Services will take proper care by protecting confidentiality, limiting collection, ensuring access on a need-to-know basis, implementing appropriate technical safeguards, and ensuring proper disposal. Triangle Lift Services also has a privacy protection policy for Social Security Numbers found at:
as well as a HIPPA Privacy Notice found at:
For parents and legal guardians
Although Triangle Lift Services’ web site is not directed at children, Triangle Lift Services is committed to complying with all applicable laws and requirements, such as the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act in the United States and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in the European Union (when in effect). Triangle Lift Services does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If Triangle Lift Services learns that personal information relating to a child under the age of 13 has been provided, Triangle Lift Services will delete that information from its systems.
How might Triangle Lift Services change this policy?
As Triangle Lift Services expands and improves this website, we may need to update this policy. This policy may be modified from time to time without prior notice. We encourage you to review this policy on a regular basis for any changes. Substantive changes will be identified at the top of the policy.
How can you contact Triangle Lift Services?
If you have questions about Triangle Lift Services’s privacy practices in general, please email firstname.lastname@example.org